Friday 8 August 2008

First Blog...first crash!

Hi all,

This is the first of many blogs from team C90 that will appear over the the coming couple of months. We are still in the planning stages, but its getting a little desperate I suppose since its really not that long before we leave.

The donations are going pretty well for Sobell House which is all cool, keep em coming in!

I went to take my red 1998 C90 to the garage today to get it serviced, figure its probably for the best since these chicken chasers have got to to a grand total of (probably) over 4000 miles. I rode it to Kings Motorcycles in Kidlington which is full of good old boys talkin about how "I used to rag them things around fields all day, they never break them C90's" lets hope so eh. I gave them the link to the donation thingy, may do a print out to stick in the shop though. I had to pick up Jamie's 1988 doom blue bike as well which has just been serviced, but the wing mirrors are still completely useless, they are shit and he should buy some new ones really. So anyway I get to that roundabout before Summertown and "plup plup plup" he goes...the petrol has completely run out, great. I push it to Summertown to have a shuftee in the guitar shop while I wait for the J-Dog to arrive with a jerry can. He does in good time and we fill it up. Off we go then back to his to drop it off and coming out of Marston there's a hell load of oil or petrol on the road and the front wheel ice skates along and before i know it the bike's squashing my leg and I'm in the middle of the road, wicked. I get up unhurt but his back right indicator cover has smashed (sorry J-Dog but it weren't my fault!) which isn't too bad, could be a lot worse. 

Anyway it was a bit of a realisation that going down The Champs-Elysees and skidding on a bit of petrol isn't going to be as simple as swearing and just getting up, I'd probably get my head squashed by some Opal (euro Vauxhall, check the knowledge) or something. Care is going to be imperative on this trip, we don't want to be those little crosses on the side of the road in Greece. 

In other news John Duns Scotus, the brown 1974 C90, sold for £540 on ebay and the dude it coming to collect it tomorrow, which I'm sad about but he just wouldn't make the trip without a bit more care, hence the purchase of (yet unnamed) red 1998 C90. I might call it Sarah Connor, it looks like something she might ride while escaping from Arnie or some of his robo-friends. 

Over and out!!! 

Liam 

No comments: