Sunday 14 September 2008

must find a new home for C90

When we started this journey we all wanted the same sort of thing, we wanted to quit jobs that left us no time to do anything, and we wanted space to do something ridiculous and stupid, but most of all we wanted to ride Little Honda C90's (chicken chasers,steppy's,pizza bikes) from Oxford to Greece.

Well we've done that. We got here. And now because it's the end of the journey for me I've become a little distracted.
I've only ever thought about riding to Greece, I've never thought about riding home, so this is it.
Also my relationship with my bike has changed. I've been trying to sell it here in Milos so I can fly home, but everyone I approach about possibly buying it treats me with suspicion. One guy thought I'd rented it and was trying to sell it. People don't believe I rode it here.

I could think of no better home for C90 than on a Greek Island, I think it would be a good place for my tired old Knowledge bike from sussex to spend his twilight years.
People use stuff out here, I met this guy the other day with a beaten up old German bike.
I chatted with him about it, he informed me that he'd had it for 40 years! I asked him if it ever broke down, he simply answered "often" and smiled. That's it though people know how things work out here, if things break they fix them and get on with it, maybe for 40 years or more.

Anyway I must stop thinking about the end of things go outside and ride C90 to another beach.

laters

No comments: